Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thursday 4 February 2016


04/02/2016, 21:20:32: J: I promise this is me :-)
04/02/2016, 21:25:21: A: Hi Jason
04/02/2016, 21:27:20: J: Hi.  I like the pictures where you smile
04/02/2016, 22:05:03: A: Thx I am off to bed now
04/02/2016, 22:05:46: J: Good night.  Let's speak tomorrow

Dream: I find myself in an episode of Moonlighting.  Did I travel back in time?
I wake just after 7AM in solid fashion and a fairly fine mood.  I worry that I am deluding myself about the general situation at the moment.  Elements of me are acting like a bastard and my general flippancy with money yesterday was too reckless.
I don’t have a hangover but I do feel bloated.  I’m eating far too much at the moment.  Returning to train at this time is quite frankly essential.
On cue before long I am bouncing out the door and boarding a train (an Overground pleasure).  Omens prove good as when I arrive at Whitechapel it is the second train that is a Hammersmith Line one.  Often I have waited what feels an eternity for these things.  I’m on a streak.
With this in swift fashion I am soon at Farringdon catching a coffee at Caffe Nero before bounding into the office and interesting people.
Quite often it is the mature assistant and I that are the first people in.  We are actually both quite old school.  It’s a shame that he dresses in shirt and trousers because I think it would be more than accepted for us to dress casual (and thus comfortable).  I know for sure I would be much more productive.  That said this unified appearance and responsibility forces me to keep my eye on the ball and my standards high.  And we’re not talking about James Morris standards here, we’re talking solid standards of substance, not smoke and mirrors to cover cracks.
Delving into the day I distribute my knowledge for what it is worth.  And at the moment what that is, I am not quite sure.  Certainly I am the only qualified accountant in the building and thus on paper the most senior and best finance person but stuff is still coming together, my role is not the finished product yet.
With an assistance that was foreign, absent and unknown at London Union/Street Feast, I piece things together here that were not previously possible.  So I’m not the worst accountant ever after all.
Bouncing off the back of yesterday’s positive visit I plant a picture with an even better understanding of proceedings.  This is how you induct/introduce a senior member of finance into your organisation.  You don’t just give them a box fresh and let them get on with it.
On that note a productive morning soon passes as a Michelin star lunch is ordered and supplied (kind of).  This is a better thing than I am used to.
Feeling good into the afternoon I sail away until finally the working day is done Cyndi Lauper style and I get to go back to my cell.
Staggering out onto the street I appreciate how livelier Farringdon is compared to St Johns Wood, Warwick Avenue and even Hoxton.  I just might have bagged my best job since Notting Hill (the studio).
On cue I cut back to Canada Water in cool fashion.  Once there I settle into the customary position.
I know there is more to life than this.  I just don’t know what/how to do it.  Where to tap into the well.
One place appears to be Tinder where tonight I find myself speaking to a latest black lady.  This one is called Abbie.  Her photos are fierce but her words are very friendly.  And excitingly she’s not too far away.
I mention that I like the photos on her profile where she smiles.  In response she goes to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment